英语美文|What Can I Hold You With
课程导航
英语美文|What Can I Hold You With报名
英语美文|What Can I Hold You With新闻
英语美文|What Can I Hold You With环境
热门课程:
请留言后查看联系电话
  • 学校新闻

英语美文|What Can I Hold You With

I offer you lean streets,desperate sunsets,the moon of the jagged suburbs.
我给你瘦落的街道、绝望的落日、荒郊的月亮。
I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.
我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。
I offer you my ancestors,my dead men,
我给你我已死去的祖辈,
the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:
后人们用大理石祭奠的先魂:
my father's father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires,
我父亲的父亲,阵亡于布宜诺斯艾利斯的边境,
two bullets through his lungs,bearded and dead,
两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,死的时候蓄着胡子,
wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;
尸体被士兵们用牛皮裹起;
my mother's grandfather-just twenty-four,
我母亲的祖父——那年才二十四岁——
heading a charge of three hundred men in Perú,
在秘鲁率领三百人冲锋,
now ghosts on vanished horses.
如今都成了消失的马背上的亡魂。
I offer you whatever insight my books may hold.
我给你我的书中所能蕴含的一切悟力,
whatever manliness or humour my life.
以及我生活中所能有的男子气概和幽默。
I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.
我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。
I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow–the central heart that deals not in words,traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time,by joy,by adversities.
我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心——不营字造句,不和梦交易,不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。
I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset,years before you were born.
我给你早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。
I offer you explanations of yourself,theories about yourself,authentic and surprising news of yourself.
我给你关于你生命的诠释,关于你自己的理论,你的真实而惊人的存在。
I can give you my loneliness my darkness,the hunger of my heart;
我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;
I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty,with danger,with defeat.
我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。